Thursday, March 3, 2011

Technology Self Assessment: School 2.0



NETS-T 3


The NETS-T that I chose to discuss is the following:
3. I engage students in reflecting on and clarifying their own thinking, planning, and creative processes, in correcting misconceptions, and in using meta-cognitive thinking strategies with collaborative tools and environments.


I chose to discuss this NETS-S because I believe any sort of tool that will engage and promote creativity is a beneficial one. I also love to learn about collaborative tools that can help my students. The resource that I clicked on was Google Groups. I had no idea this existed! It is a wonderful way for people to connect with one another based on common interests. You can join groups by browsing through such categories as Arts & Entertainment, Sports, Computer Games, Schools and Universities and many more. When you join these groups you can become an active part of group discussions, you can ask questions and research whatever you find interesting. You may also create your own groups which I thought would be a great way to reach out to like minded people. There are groups from many different countries and languages and for someone that is far from their homeland it is an awesome way to stay connected. Google is awesome!


I

No comments:

Post a Comment